By Mareya Ibrahim
As we are completing our 4th month of 2019, it is obvious that we, as a collective society, are becoming much more health-conscious and actually aware of what we are putting into our bodies. From instagram influencers to your local MD, there is a constant onslaught of information on how to make your life “healthier,” though many people don’t even know where to begin. Here is where Chef Mareya Ibrahim comes in. Your talented, award-winning fairy godmother, Chef Mareya is a nutritionist, award-winning inventor, and the signature chef and meal plan designer for the bestselling diet book The Daniel Plan. In addition to all of these accolades, Mareya has something else up her sleeve due for publish June 4th; EAT LIKE YOU GIVE A FORK: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive ( St. Martin’s Griffin, $29.99).
According to Mareya, no one should do anything that starts with “die”- hence her new book. With a much more positive approach to healthy eating habits, Chef Mareya includes eighty “forking delicious” recipes for readers to choose and learn from. Her recipes support eight essential nutritional strategies, and she encourages readers to remake their kitchens, taste buds, bodies, and energy levels. Some example of the healthy, delish recipes included in her new book are:
• Zucchini Noodles with Romesco Sauce
• Low-Sodium Umami Bone Broth
• Spaghetti Squash Noodle Pad Thai
• Med-Mex Stuffed Peppers
• Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Mareya’s fun and holistic approach to food will encourage readers to laugh and get serious about their cooking at the same time. The eight essential strategies Mareya bases her recipes on are: Reset Your Taste Buds, Stock Your Real Kitchen, Get Up on Greens, Take a Vegan Fast Break, Go Gluten-Free Super Grains, Fill in with Good Fat, Become Real Dense, and Live the 90/10 Rule. Also included in Chef Mareya’s new book is an 8 week program called “Eat Cleaner to Vibrant Health.” These 8 weeks will consist of:
• Step up to the plate: This video will set the scene for why Mareya wrote the book, the struggles she has heard from working with people, establish credibility, why people try different diets, and why they are restrictive and don’t work for the long run.
• Reset your taste buds: This video will dive into why our taste buds rule our cravings and how to recondition them, along with getting into the right mindset.
• Stock your real kitchen: This video will help get people set up for kitchen success by learning how to stock their pantries, organize their refrigerators and get into the habit of meal prep.
• Get up on greens: This video will help break down the importance of greens, different types and how to get the most out of them.
• Take a vegan fast break: This video will overview the health benefits of a vegan intermittent fast twice a week, and ways to stay satiated and super energized.
• Go gluten-free super grains and Fill in with good fat: This video will dispel myths around grains and fats and provide important guidelines for choosing both
• Become real dense: The purpose of this video is to discuss why superfoods help to boost your nutrition and take your foods from basic to so extra.
• Live the 90/10 rule: The purpose of this video is to help give people flexibility in their plans, knowing they can still indulge without feeling like they’re ‘cheating’. This is one of the most liberating components of the program that sets it apart from the rest.
All of these tricks and tools to help you live a healthier life will be included in with plenty of delicious recipes to try out. EAT LIKE YOU GIVE A FORK: The Real Dish on Eating to Thrive ( St. Martin’s Griffin, $29.99) is already available for pre-order on Amazon and will be up for sale June 4th, plenty of time to establish a healthy lifestyle just in time for summer!
Here’s what others are already saying about the book!
“Ibrahim’s thoughtful recipes and sense of humor (“Greens are your new friends with bennies”) keep this book entertaining and accessible.” —Publishers Weekly
“This is a book you can use in your healing journey without any boring meals.” —Daniel Amen, MD, co-author of The Daniel Plan
“Mareya Ibrahim writes with a passion and commitment to health that you can feel on every single page! Eat Like You Give a Fork is filled with good, common-sense wisdom about food and our relationship to it. It’s also packed with scrumptious whole-food recipes that should find a wide audience!” —Jonny Bowden, board-certified nutritionist and best-selling author of The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth and The Most Effective Ways to Live Longer
“Mareya inspires people to look great, feel great and achieve greatness with her strategies. Eat Like You Give a Fork makes it easy and fun.” —Lewis Howes, NYT bestselling author, Top 50 Podcast Host of The School of Greatness
“With smart tips and relevant info, this is an excellent book to effortlessly guide you to a satisfied, smarter ‘cleaner’ you.” —Candice Kumai, NYT bestselling author, food writer and contributing editor for Shape Magazine
“Mareya has played an integral role with the Daniel Plan, serving as one our Signature Chefs. She is an effective and passionate chef who has inspired our community both here in the US and abroad. She is also a contributor to our New York Times Bestseller, our DVD Education series and live webinars, and parlays her work both in written and spoken formats. Her 24 years of experience shine through as she shares her passion, knowledge, and transformational tools for life change.” —Dee Eastman, Director, The Daniel Plan
“Mareya inspires a love for the fit and fun lifestyle through her fit food approach. Not only are her dishes easy to make, I can personally say they are nutritious and so incredibly delicious. The Real Dish gets my Caliente stamp of approval!” —Jason Rosell, Leading Lifestyle & Fitness Expert and Founder of Caliente Fitness
“Mareya Ibrahim, The Fit Foodie, a leader in promoting a balanced diet with fresh natural foods. Armed with a clean eating pantry list and delicious recipes like artichoke hummus and creamy butternut mac n’ cheese, this book is informative, relatable, motivating – a MUST-HAVE for anyone craving a healthy lifestyle.” —JoAnn Cianciulli, author of the acclaimed L.A.’s Original Farmer’s Market Cookbook and producer of MasterChef, Top Chef Masters and Supermarket Superstar.