Thank you for your interest in doing a free NFReads.com author interview! Questions are centered on your book(s), writing, publishing and creativity.
NFReads.com is a general interest website with a Writing & Literature section that is centered on interviewing both fiction and nonfiction authors (both traditional and self-published authors are welcome) – guests have ranged from a highschool student who wrote his first sci-fi novel and a 44-year-old debut romance author (who gets mistaken for her son’s sister) to a former NASA spokeswoman with over 25 educational nonfiction books and a UK politician-turned-thriller writer who sold more than 330 million copies of his novels.
Editorial Requirements for Author Interview Responses
Interview responses must not contain anything illegal, hateful, explicitly adult, political, religious or excessively controversial (submissions that don’t follow this rule will be not be accepted) – it’s okay for your books themselves to contain some of the things in this list (e.g. we have featured adult novels), but books that we deem unethical, scammy (e.g. “get rich quick”), illegal, hateful or otherwise unsuitable for the site cannot be featured. It is recommended that you contact us first at [email protected] with details about your book(s) (along with any other questions you may have) before taking the time to answer any of the interview questions below and we will get back to you if we are interested (usually within a week, please check your spam folder).
Author Interview Questions
You can pick and choose from any of the questions below and/or use your own questions too:
- Please introduce yourself and your book(s)!
- What is/are the real-life story(ies) behind your book(s)?
- What inspires/inspired your creativity?
- How do you deal with creative block?
- What are the biggest mistakes you can make in a book?
- Do you have tips on choosing titles and covers?
- How do bad reviews and negative feedback affect you and how do you deal with them?
- How has your creation process improved over time?
- What were the best, worst and most surprising things you encountered during the entire process of completing your book(s)?
- Do you tend towards personal satisfaction or aim to serve your readers? Do you balance the two and how?
- What role do emotions play in creativity?
- Do you have any creativity tricks?
- What are your plans for future books?
- Tell us some quirky facts about yourself
Please send your answers (including the questions) and any links and/or images you would like to include (if possible as viewable/downloadable links rather than attachments) to [email protected] (and/or with any questions you have about the author interviews) and if we decided to publish it on the site we’ll be in touch as soon as possible (usually within a week, please check your spam folder) – again if you have any reason to believe your book(s) may be unsuitable for the site please send us your book details first.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Note: while we encourage you to privately share this page with other authors who may be suitable/interested, please do not post it publicly on the internet as it is intended to be invite-only.